Reflection on the special telco of CSVW - more details on Alternative 2.5

From: Ivan Herman <ivan@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2014 09:58:34 +0200
To: W3C CSV on the Web Working Group <public-csv-wg@w3.org>

As a followup on my previous mail...

I wanted to see whether it is complicated to implement a very simple template (Alternative 2.5 in [1]) using existing tools, ie, to make it quickly available, with some extra work, to the community at large. I think the answer is yes; look at:

https://github.com/w3c/csvw/tree/gh-pages/experiments/simple-templates-jquery

for further details. See

https://github.com/w3c/csvw/tree/gh-pages/experiments/simple-templates-jquery/simple_test

for the test I used so far.

The implementation is rough at the edges, and I am still in the process to make it a bit better code-wise. But that still gives, I hope, an idea of where this *may* go.

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-csv-wg/2014Sep/0006.html

----
Ivan Herman, W3C
Digital Publishing Activity Lead