Re: D3 as a possible use case

Hi Ivan,

I'll certainly keep an eye of things from a visualisation angle. I've been
meaning to spend some time going over the existing CSV WG docs, but haven't
had time just yet.

D3 is incredibly good at mapping data to visuals, but people often program
D3 in an imperative way (because of the temptation to program imperatively
in javascript) so one of the challenges will be making a declarative
visualisation mapping (e.g. using RDF) that people feel comfortable with.
I'm using the Grammar of Graphics to provide a declarative layer on top of
D3 which gives some clear mappings about how data will be transformed to
visuals. I will have something to show on this front in a few weeks.

The Vega project [1] also puts a declarative mapping on top of D3 so might
be worth a look.

Thanks,

Kev

[1] https://github.com/trifacta/vega/wiki