Re: The dcterm/schema.org issue: a proposal to move forward

Hey Gregg,

I am afraid this would not work for our use case. This would turn *all* unqualified terms into DC terms, and this is not what we want (for example, with "@id" or "@type" in the current metadata spec).

> IMO, getting DCMI to publish and "official" context, with perhaps some datatyping information (although DC Terms is light on this anyway), would be a good idea.

Yes. And, if we go along the approach I proposed, we may have to do it ourselves for the few terms that we want to use for the 'core'.

Ivan

----
Ivan Herman, W3C
Digital Publishing Activity Lead