Re: CSVW WG meeting agenda Nov 19th?

All - there are no new issues pending discussion for the mapping documents at this time. At this point I am yet to update the GitHub issues from last week (shame!) but promise to do so!!!

However, I wonder if it might be worth looking once more at the data-format issue ...

I have been trying to determine if the number and date formatting functions from 'XPath & XQuery Functions and Operators 3.0’ are workable. Also I have found Java <https://docs.oracle.com/javase/7/docs/api/java/text/SimpleDateFormat.html> and JavaScript <https://code.google.com/p/jaxson/source/browse/trunk/jaxson/WebRoot/jsSrc/org/jaxson/util/SimpleDateFormat.js?r=41> implementations of ‘simpledateformat’ that might also provide some clear insight. See ISSUE 54 <https://github.com/w3c/csvw/issues/54> for details.

Basically, I would like to know what others think (re the complexity) before I plough on an spend time developing this further.

Also keen to hear what JeniT has determined re the number formats.

Jeremy