Re: A draft outline for the CSV2RDF document

On 22/05/2014 11:55, Andy Seaborne wrote:
> On 22/05/14 09:51, Christopher Gutteridge wrote:
>
>> My point is that it will take some thought to take what's essentially a
>> free text string and convert it to a part of a URI. I've also found that
>> people who edit spreadsheets are pretty liberal about whitespace and
>> capitalisation. My system turns the headers into camalCase, which covers
>> some of these issues, but that may not work for all, especially
>> non-latin headings.
>
> Agreed - we do need a robust conversion from column name to URI in the
> case where no metadata is given.
>
> The metadata is a place where a explicit predicate can be added to do
> better than the plain conversion:
>
> e.g.
> https://github.com/w3c/csvw/blob/gh-pages/examples/graph-templating.md
>
> The other opportunity is to preprocess the CSV file from original form
> to a form as input to conversion ("5starRating" => "FiveStarRating").
>
>     Andy

There's also the issue of a repeated heading. I've encountered that. eg.

ID, Title, Contact 1, Email, Contact 2, Email

--
Christopher Gutteridge -- http://users.ecs.soton.ac.uk/cjg

University of Southampton Open Data Service: http://data.southampton.ac.uk/
You should read the ECS Web Team blog: http://blogs.ecs.soton.ac.uk/webteam/