Re: (should be added to the use case document...) Re: Example of CSV in Hebrew

On 31/03/14 08:33, Ivan Herman wrote:

> On 31 Mar 2014, at 01:24 , Yakov Shafranovich <yakov-ietf@shaftek.org> wrote:
>
>> see:
>>
>> http://data.gov.il/data?title=&category=All&type=All&ministry=All&file_type=csv
>>
>> Looks like the columns are going in reverse order
>>

> This may be an interesting use case to investigate a bit further (beyond this), because:
>
> - I am not sure what encoding is used. If I download a file (I tried[1]) and read into iWork Number or simply look at it in a text editor, I get gibberish, although programs on Macs do usually handle UTF-8 natively, afaik. The question is, then, how does one find out what encoding is used. Note that "curl --head" on [1] does not reveal any more information. Yakov, I presume you succeeded to get it in Hebrew, how did you get the right results?

Content-type is application/octet-stream.

When I set the character set to ISO-8859-8 (Hebrew), it displays in
Firefox.  LibreOffice can read it if I tell it that it's ISO-8859-8

Does the locale of the client can affect the displayed column order?

	Andy