Re: Syntax for Tabular Data on the Web

On 12/02/14 10:34, Jeni Tennison wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I’ve made a start on documenting a core syntax for “CSV+”, including some analysis of the RFC4180, the Simple Data Format, and the behaviour of Excel and Google Spreadsheets. This is at:
>
>    http://w3c.github.io/csvw/syntax/
>
>There’s more needed here, and several issues flagged. Discuss!

OK ...

Comment of whitespace and appearance padding triggered by:

"""
The first line of a CSV+ file MUST contain a comma-separated list of
names of columns.
"""

Data from a spreadsheet that itself is used for showing data can involve
additional padding :  a title, blank lines, blank columns.

Maybe we need to focus on this more data-centric style.

----------------------
,,,
,,TITLE,
,,,