RE: ISSUE-8 of "Model for Tabular Data and Metadata on the Web"

Good points ... rather than introducing a new requirement into the document, I propose that we capture both "open" and "closed" validation modes within R-CsvValidation. I like the idea of being able to drive both behaviours from the validation activity.

Jeremy

-----Original Message-----
From: David Booth [mailto:david@dbooth.org]
Sent: 07 April 2014 14:07
To: Tandy, Jeremy; public-csv-wg@w3.org; Jeni Tennison; 'Gregg Kellogg'
Subject: Re: ISSUE-8 of "Model for Tabular Data and Metadata on the Web"

Hi Jeremy,

It sounds like the R-CsvValidation requirement may need to be split into two separate validation requirements:

R-CsvOpenValidation:
   Does the data in the CSV conform to the metadata, ignoring inapplicable metadata?  For example, is every column in the CSV described by some metadata?

R-CsvClosedValidation:
   Does the metadata describe anything that does NOT appear in the CSV?

I suppose if the metadata had a notion of optional columns then both of these cases could be covered at once.

David