Re: Reviving the CSS Print community group

I was very happy to discuss CSS print during the PageBreak conferences
and meet new people who were interested.

Many features need to be discussed without everyone doing their own
extension on their side: table breaks, full page/spread elements, notes
(margin notes, side notes, column notes, etc.), grid template layout
fragmentation and so on.

We have begun work in this direction:

https://github.com/w3c/css-print/issues/3

The CSS print community group needs to think about how to bring more
people into the discussion. It would be great to have more proposals and
to be able to discuss with CSSWG. I’m motivated to have these
discussions and do things. Without putting in opposition commercial
vendors / open-source solutions (especially about extensions because
it’s not that simple).

Also, the idea of a CSS zen garden for paged media would be really
close to the original CSS zen garden and more focused on examples
proposed by graphic designers from the same content (a book?). This
seems different from the links shared by Andreas

.

Regards,

Julie Blanc

pagedjs.org <https://pagedjs.org/>

Le 30/10/2022 à 17:26, Andreas Jung a écrit :
> On 30 Oct 2022, at 16:45, Dave Pawson wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 30 Oct 2022 at 15:36, Dave Cramer<dauwhe@gmail.com>  wrote:
>>
>>> 1. Showcase what is possible with CSS print with something like a print version of CSS Zen Garden.
>>> 2. Advocate for CSS print with standards organizations, browsers, publishers, toolmakers, etc.

--
*Julie Blanc*
+33 (0)6 31 51 36 55

⟡ PhD student at ArTeC, University of Paris 8 and EnsadLab-PSL
⟡ Working on Paged.js
⟡ President of Design en Recherche <https://designenrecherche.org/>