Re: Reviving the CSS Print community group

On 30 Oct 2022, at 16:45, Dave Pawson wrote:

> On Sun, 30 Oct 2022 at 15:36, Dave Cramer <dauwhe@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> 1. Showcase what is possible with CSS print with something like a print version of CSS Zen Garden.
>> 2. Advocate for CSS print with standards organizations, browsers, publishers, toolmakers, etc.
>> 3. Facilitate the sharing of knowledge amongst the members of our community.
>>
>> We can use this mailing list to talk about what we would like to accomplish, and how. I look forward to reconnecting with all of you!
>
> Would something less daunting than docbook be a good starter?
> I'd love to see CSS showcased.

I think, there is already a bunch of material available on the vendor pages and
our community sites like

https://printcss.net/
https://print-css.rocks/

We have two types of parties in the game.

First, the commercial vendors which implement the „standards“ around PrintCSS aka CSS Paged Media together with their own _useful_ extensions which are needed for professional projects.

Second, the open-source solutions that in my experience stick strictly to the W3C „standards“ and trying to
avoid any kind of extensions.

I have my doubts (based on experiences) that we will get them under one hood in order to steer the board into
one direction 🥺 🙄

Mit freundlichen Grüßen | Kind regards
Andreas Jung