Re: [css-writing-modes-3] [css-inline-3] Need for new Ahem font version with addition of 1 glyph with Vertical_Orientation property set to U

Le 2016-08-09 16:47, Myles C. Maxfield a écrit :

[snipped]

> The codepoints which are mapped to something else are the following:
>
> " " (U+20): No path but full advance
> "p" (U+70): Path has 0 ascent but full descent
> "É" (U+C9): Path has 0 descent but full ascent
> Non-breaking space (U+A0): No path but full advance
> Zero-width non-breaking space (U+FEFF): No path and 0 advance
> En space (U+2002): No path and half advance
> Em space (U+2003): No path but full advance
> Three-per-em space (U+2004): No path and one third advance
> Four-per-em space (U+2005): No path and one quarter advance
> Six-per-em space (U+2006): No path and one sixth advance
> Thin space (U+2009): No path and one fifth advance
> Hair space (U+200A): No path and one tenth advance
> Zero width space (U+200B): No path and no advance
> Ideographic space (U+3000): No path but full advance
> Zero width non-joiner (U+200C): No path and no advance
> Zero width joiner (U+200D): No path and no advance
> Greek capital letter Chi (U+3A7): Thin horizontal stripe and full
> advance
> "横" (U+6A2A): Thin horizontal stripe and full advance
> Greek capital letter Upsilon (U+3A5): Thin vertical stripe and full
> advance
> "纵" (U+7EB5): Thin vertical stripe and full advance.

Myles,

I do not get the last 4 glyphs (2 thin horizontal stripe and 2 thin
vertical stripe) in this test page:

http://www.gtalbot.org/BrowserBugsSection/CSS3WritingModes/Ahem2016TestPage.html

and I tried that test page with a browsershot web service and all the
glyphs, except the last 4, were rendered on a non-Linux os.

What am I missing here? What is wrong with that test page?

The

http://www.gtalbot.org/BrowserBugsSection/CSS3WritingModes/support/ahem.ttf

filesize is 13884bytes, so it is the correct, newest version of the ahem
font.

[Addendum: this page
https://www.w3.org/Style/CSS/Test/Fonts/Ahem/
makes no mention of the 4 glyphs! It seems that the font I got from
https://www.w3.org/Style/CSS/Test/Fonts/Ahem/
never was updated with the latest Ahem font version.
The
https://www.w3.org/Style/CSS/Test/Fonts/Ahem/
needs to be updated with the latest version of the Ahem font.]

Test Format Guidelines

Test Style Guidelines

Test Templates

CSS Naming Guidelines