Re: Tests with font flag and @font-face rule embedding .woff resource

Le 2017-02-28 15:57, Chris Lilley a écrit :
> On 2017-02-28 15:32, Gérard Talbot wrote:
>> Le 2017-02-17 13:16, Chris Lilley a écrit :
>>> On 2017-02-16 17:22, Gérard Talbot wrote:
>>
>>> If the test uses @font-face then it doesn't need the font flag.
>>
>> Record set of files declaring the font flag and using a .woff
>> resource:
>>
>> http://test.csswg.org/shepherd/search/flag/font/content/.woff/
>>
>> Right now, 890 tests use a .woff or .woff2 resource and declare the
>> font flag. I think this isn't a big error ...
>
> From http://web-platform-tests.org/writing-tests/css-metadata.html
>
> "font
>    Requires a specific font to be installed. (Details must be provided
> and/or the font linked to in the test description)"
>
> Unless the test requires a font to be installed (for example, as
> visible fallback for test failure or success when the webfont does not
> load) then it does not need, and should not use, the font flag.
>

>> There is also 466 reference files that do the same.
>>
>> I am adding Richard Ishida as recipiendaries because Khaled Hosny
>> (Nantonos)
> Khaled and Nantonos are different individuals.

Indeed, Khaled and Nantonos are different individual.

> The woff2 testsuite is correctly using the font flag, because it
> *does* require locally installed files. Some tests pass when the woff2
> is loaded (so the local font, if used, produces a fail); others pass
> if the (malformed) woff2 is used, so pass if the local font is used.

I have not checked this. If this is the case, then it seems to me that
there is still some 686 tests that declare font flag while using a .woff
resource:

http://test.csswg.org/shepherd/search/flag/font/content/.woff2/

Test Format Guidelines

Test Style Guidelines