Re: Ahem font and anti-aliasing

The exact math used to compute antialiasing is a property of the rasterizer software. The rasterizer uses hints from various sources to determine which kind of antialiasing to apply. Some of these signals may be from the font, some may be from the user’s preferences, some may be from system defaults, and some may be from a higher-level construction like CSS. Every rasterizer pays attention to different signals when performing this determination.

Which environment and platforms are you interested in?

—Myles