Re: Run-in tests in CSS2.1 test suite (harness)

From: Peter Linss <peter.linss@hp.com>
Date: Sun, 1 Jun 2014 14:48:18 -0700
To: Gérard Talbot <css21testsuite@gtalbot.org>

On Jun 1, 2014, at 8:59 AM, Gérard Talbot <css21testsuite@gtalbot.org> wrote:

> Peter,
>
> Tests involving display: run-in should not be part of CSS2.1 test suite. Right now, the test harness with CSS2.1 (nightly-unstable) will have those.

A few weeks back I rewrote the build script to support the refactoring. Tests are now assigned to each test suite based entirely on their spec links, not their location in the repository. These tests each have links to the CSS2.1 spec, so they're included in the test suite, but I agree they shouldn't be.

One fix would to correct the links in the tests, they need to refer to the proper sections in level 3 test suites and have their links to CSS2.1 removed. If there are links to CSS2.1 features that don't yet have a level 3 module, then we need to come up with a system for managing cross-spec dependencies for the build system.

Peter