invalid assertions in opera/submitted/css3-conditional/js/001.html

From: L. David Baron <dbaron@dbaron.org>
Date: Fri, 31 May 2013 17:40:49 +0800
To: Florian Rivoal <florian@rivoal.net>
Cc: public-css-testsuite@w3.org
I believe that 4 of the tests in in
contributors/opera/submitted/css3-conditional/js/001.html
are not backed up by anything in the specification.

In particular, Gecko fails the first two tests because of whitespace
differences (running both the expected and actual results through
.replace(/\s+/g, " ") makes them pass; don't forget to parenthesize
the expected results).  I'm not aware that we've defined
serialization to that level of detail, though maybe I missed
something.

The last two tests assert that implementations, when serializing,
put an extra pair of parentheses around:
  @supports (border: black) and (padding: 0) and (width: 0)
turning it into:
  @supports ((border: black) and (padding: 0) and (width: 0))
I don't see any justification for this in the specification, and
Gecko doesn't do it.

-David