Re: CSS3-writing-modes text-orientation testsuite

Le Sam 23 février 2013 9:17, Kazuaki Takemura a écrit :
> Hello Gérard :)

Hello Kazuaki :)

> I have re-submitted to repository.
> http://test.csswg.org/shepherd/search/testcase/spec/css3-writing-modes/status/submitted/

First, you should create a /support/ folder for all your images. This is
important and required by the building system of test suites. All
support files (images, fonts, .css files, etc..) are to be in a
/support/ folder.

"Support files are in support/ directory."
http://wiki.csswg.org/test/css2.1/review-checklist#format-validity

You do not have to create a /reference/ folder for your reftests (as
long as their base-filenames all end with "-ref") but, for clarity, it
is useful to create an /reference/ folder for all your reftests. Most of
us declare and use a /reference/ folder for reftests.

>> Example given of rotated text (45 degrees)
>> http://test.csswg.org/suites/css3-transforms/nightly-unstable/html/transform-rotate-001.htm
>> OK. I try to use CSS transforms rotate,but if it’s difficult, I will
>> use image as reference.
> I tried to use CSS transforms rotate feature, but it was difficult.

I understand.

> I decided to use a picture image obediently.
>
> Some of the major changes are listed below:
> Modified to use the image.
> Change the relationship of CSS font-related.
> Simplify the description.
> Add *-ref files.
>
> if you find any errors, please let me know.
>
> Regards.
> Takemura

1.
In
http://test.csswg.org/source/contributors/ktakemura/submitted/text-orientation-mixed-001-ref.xht

The pass/fail conditions sentence says
"
"Text sample" should be displayed vertically with "T" character at the
bottom and "e" character at the top.
"

but the reftest does not do that.

2.
http://test.csswg.org/source/contributors/ktakemura/submitted/text-orientation-sideways-002-ref.xht

is the same layout, same rendered layout as

http://test.csswg.org/source/contributors/ktakemura/submitted/text-orientation-sideways-left-001-ref.xht

So, here, you only need to use and to declare 1 reftest. Choose one of
the 2 and then reuse it in tests that result in the same rendered
layout.

E.g.

You decide to keep text-orientation-sideways-left-001-ref.xht :
therefore in
text-orientation-sideways-001.xht
and in
text-orientation-sideways-left-001.xht
you will have

<link rel="match"
href="reference/text-orientation-sideways-left-001-ref.xht" />

3.
Same thing with

http://test.csswg.org/source/contributors/ktakemura/submitted/text-orientation-sideways-001-ref.xht

and

http://test.csswg.org/source/contributors/ktakemura/submitted/text-orientation-sideways-right-001-ref.xht

They are identical. Therefore, only use, declare one of the 2 and
dismiss, delete the other.

I propose to keep
text-orientation-sideways-right-001-ref.xht
because it uses an image with the same base-filename (
text-orientation-sideways-right-001.png )

4.
Maybe you are going too fast here. We first need to make sure that
"DejaVu Serif" font can be embedded into a .woff file and then be used
by tests. I am looking for "DejaVu Serif" font right now.

Today, I'll be trying to get create a .woff out of "DejaVu Serif" font
and out of mplus-1p-regular.ttf

Kazuaki, please note that I will be on vacation starting Sunday february
24th for 10-12 days.

Gérard

> (2013/02/21 18:18), Kazuaki Takemura wrote:
>> (2013/02/21 15:22), "Gérard Talbot" wrote:
>>>>
>>> Hello Kazuaki :)

>>> I should be and will be in vacation in a few days. I'll notify all
>>> the
>>> committers from Japan.
>> Enjoy your vacation !

>>> I understand. It is difficult. One way is to use an image as
>>> reference
>>> or use CSS transforms rotate feature as reference.
>>>
>>> Example given of rotated text (45 degrees)
>>> http://test.csswg.org/suites/css3-transforms/nightly-unstable/html/transform-rotate-001.htm
>> OK. I try to use CSS transforms rotate,but if it’s difficult, I will
>> use image as reference.
>>

>>> This text
>>> "
>>> for reference:
>>> 		horizonal-only:(Includes: Latin, Arabic, Hebrew, Devanagari)
>>> 		vertical-only:(Includes: Mongolian, Phags Pa)
>>> 		bi-orientational:(Includes: Han, Hangul, Japanese Kana)
>>> "
>>> should NOT be read by testers. You can leave it as a <!-- comment -->
>>> in
>>> the test though.
>> OK. I will comment out it.

>>> I have been working on this.
>>>
>>> One way to make the pass/fail conditions sentence short and simple to
>>> understand is to create a test and a reference (image or SVG or
>>> something else) and then simply say:
>>>
>>> "Test passes if there are 2 <strong>identical</strong> [shape
>>> descriptor]s."
>>>
>>> where shape descriptor could be rectangle, stripe, bar, line, grid or
>>> even "Text sample", etc.. In this way, you avoid having to describe
>>> in
>>> great details the 2 shapes or text.
>>>
>>> That way, you can also reuse later the reference in the reftest.
>> I've got it.

>>> Yes. I agree.

>>> Here's what I've been working on:
>>>
>>> http://www.gtalbot.org/BrowserBugsSection/review/text-orientation-mixed-001-review.xht
>>>
>>> http://www.gtalbot.org/BrowserBugsSection/review/text-orientation-mixed-001-review-ref.xht
>>>
>>> http://www.gtalbot.org/BrowserBugsSection/review/text-orientation-mixed-123.xht
>>>
>>> http://www.gtalbot.org/BrowserBugsSection/review/text-orientation-mixed-123-ref.xht
>>>
>>> Another idea would be to use CSS transform rotate feature on <div
>>> id="reference">:
>>>
>>> "
>>>   rotate(<angle>)
>>>      specifies a 2D rotation by the angle specified in the parameter
>>> about the origin of the element, as defined by the
>>> ‘transform-origin’ property. For example, ‘rotate(90deg)’
>>> would
>>> cause elements to appear rotated one-quarter of a turn in the
>>> clockwise direction.
>>> "
>>> coming from
>>> 15.1. 2D Transform Functions
>>> http://www.w3.org/TR/css3-transforms/#two-d-transform-functions
>>>
>>> as the reference. That way, no image to create.

> [...]
>>> and
>>> text-orientation-sideways-001.xht
>>>
>>> "should" flag means that the property value or feature is recommended
>>> and not required by the spec. Here, text-orientation values are
>>> required, must be supported.
>> I've got it.
>>
>>> More later.
>>>
>>> Gérard
>>
>> Regards.
>> Takemura

CSS 2.1 Test suite RC6, March 23rd 2011:

Contributing to to CSS 2.1 test suite: