background-size-013, 015, 016, 018, 019 and 020 have been corrected and approved again

Le Mer 14 novembre 2012 18:51, "Gérard Talbot" a écrit :

>>> Hi Gerard,
>>>

>>> background-size-002 to 034 (except background-size-008 above) need to
>>> be
>>> reviewed again, and to be approved :).
>>
>> background-size-009, at line 21:
>> I changed height: 100px to height: 50px;. This way, if width and
>> height
>> are not matched correctly and respectively to first and second values,
>> then the green square will be small and testers will see red. By
>> setting
>> height: 50px, we reduce risks, chances of false positives; we reduce
>> chances that a faulty implementation does not get caught by the test.
>> Approved.
>>
>> background-size-011, at line 19:
>> I changed support/60x60-green.png to support/50x50-green.png for
>> reasons
>> mentioned regarding Opera 12.10 and Linux inaccurate rounding APIs.
>> Approved.
>>
>> background-size-014, at line 22:
>> I changed width: 200px for width: 50px so that if the UA applies 45%
>> 50px (and not 200px), then the painted green area will be definitely
>> smaller than 45px; with width: 200px, it would be 90px which is more
>> than enough to cover the red square, in which case we wouldn't see a
>> failure. By setting width: 50%, this restricts chances of false
>> positive.
>> Approved.
>>

>> background-size-017, at line 23:
>> If 45% is incorrectly applied on width: 50px, then testers will red.
>> If
>> 45% is incorrectly applied on width: 200px, then we will *not* see red
>> (although we won't see a green square but rather a green 90px by 45px
>> rectangle). So, I replaced width: 200px with width: 50px to maximize
>> possibilities to notice failures due to incorrect implementation.
>> Approved.
>

> I tried background-size-002, 005, 006, 012, 013, 015, 016, 018, 019 and
> 020 with IE8 and IE8 passes all those tests. Now, IE8 has no knowledge
> or understanding of background-size. Therefore, IE8 should fail these
> tests. So, these tests are not ideal; in fact, they are not adequate!
>
> 1) 002, 005, 006: these tests are testing default, initial
> background-size: so there is nothing to change here. Testing default,
> initial values is in practice impossible (unless you could edit the UA
> stylesheet).

background-size-012 is also testing default value, so it has not been
modified.

> 2) 012, 013, 015, 016, 018, 019 and 020: these tests could be improved
> in 2 different ways. Either by setting width to 50px or by using a very
> small green background-image that would be required by the test to be
> stretched, enlarged: ideally, this would be /support/1x1-green.png. In
> all tests, you want the #test-green-overlapping to be - by default -
> smaller than #ref-red-overlapped.
>
> Ideally, when testing background-size, you want tests should fail if
> background-size is set to 'auto'.
>
> I will work on these tests again for you.

background-size-013, 015, 016, 018, 019 and 020 have been modified to
use /support/1x1-green.png . That way, if background-size is not
supported or not correctly implemented or is not applied, then a tiny
1x1 green square will appear at upper-left corner of a 100x100 red
square.

Reftested now
-------------
All these background-size-013, 015, 016, 018, 019 and 020 tests have
been link-matched to the reftest
reference/ref-filled-green-100px-square.xht .

Approved again
--------------
All these background-size-013, 015, 016, 018, 019 and 020 tests are now
again approved.

--------

In background-size-020, I have changed, replaced

background-size: 22.5% 45%;

with

background-size: 50% 80%;

so that the test's document box height can remain relatively short. At
first, I used 25% with a height of 400px but then this can make the
document box height taller than 600px.
"
Short
    Tests should be very short and certainly not require scrolling on
even the most modest of screens, unless the test is specifically for
scrolling or paginating behaviour. This enables them to be run more
easily on various testing platforms.
"
http://wiki.csswg.org/test/format#design-requirements

Ideally, we want tests to avoid generating a vertical scrollbar. And
browser manufacturers use 600px by 600px to run automated testing.

---------

In background-size-013, 015, 016, the background positioning area is
very wide but since the size of the background image has to be rescaled
from 1px to a fixed, determined length value of 100px, then 'width:
auto' can be used.

committed changeset 4768:6eecbb768233

CSS 2.1 Test suite RC6, March 23rd 2011:

Contributing to to CSS 2.1 test suite: