Re: [RC6] containing-block-011, 013, 015 incorrect

Le Mer 7 mars 2012 23:42, "Gérard Talbot" a écrit :
> Arron,
>
> [RC6]
> http://test.csswg.org/suites/css2.1/20110323/html4/containing-block-011.htm
>
> [nightly-unstable]
> http://test.csswg.org/suites/css2.1/nightly-unstable/html4/containing-block-011.htm
>
> [RC6]
> http://test.csswg.org/suites/css2.1/20110323/html4/containing-block-013.htm
>
> [nightly-unstable]
> http://test.csswg.org/suites/css2.1/nightly-unstable/html4/containing-block-013.htm
>
> [RC6]
> http://test.csswg.org/suites/css2.1/20110323/html4/containing-block-015.htm
>
> [nightly-unstable]
> http://test.csswg.org/suites/css2.1/nightly-unstable/html4/containing-block-015.htm
>

> I think all these 3 tests are not testing what they wanted to test
> originally, initially.
>
> The innermost span is absolutely positioned in all 3 tests. So, we start
> from here...
>
> "
> 4. If the element has 'position: absolute', the containing block is
> established by the nearest ancestor with a 'position' of 'absolute',
> 'relative' or 'fixed', in the following way:
>
>   1. In the case that the ancestor is an inline element, the containing
> block is the bounding box around the padding boxes of the first and
> the last inline boxes generated for that element.
> "
> http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS21/visudet.html#containing-block-details
>
> The problem is that the wrapping span (the parent of the inner span),
> which is span#span1, is not positioned, therefore can not be considered
> a positioned ancestor. So, the nearest positioned ancestor in all 3
> tests is the wrapping div which is relatively positioned (in 011),
> absolutely positioned (in 013) and fixed-positioned (in 015). So, in all
> 3 tests, bullet 4, sub-bullet 2 is applied, is actually really tested.
>

> The predicted rendered layout of the 3 tests are correct

Duh! I am confused myself now! If the containing block was the wrapping
div, then we would see the blue square at upper-left corner, not at
lower-right corner.

I must be missing something here..

For sure, the innermost span's nearest positioned ancestor is the
wrapping div, in which case, its padding box should establish/should
form the containing block.

CSS 2.1 Test suite RC6, March 23rd 2011:

Contributing to to CSS 2.1 test suite: