RE: [CSS21] z-index-020 test case is invalid

On Wednesday, October 26, 2011 2:59 PM L. David Baron
> On Wednesday 2011-10-26 21:21 +0000, Arron Eicholz wrote:
> > I think you misread steps in Appendix E. The Webkit and Gecko,
> > renderings are incorrect per the reading and explanation I gave of
> > Appendix E and the optional position to paint outlines of 7.3. The
> > outline (fuchsia) paints in tree order and before the following
> > inline-block (aqua).
>
> I didn't disagree with that (though I haven't read Øyvind Stenhaug's response
> yet, which might lead me to).

Ok good. I was more just confirming

> However, I pointed out that Appendix E contradicts other statements in the
> specification.

I think your conclusions is correct I think you might have found an issue in Appendix E. But as you said its unrelated to the issue I raised.

> I'd also point out that the first option in Appendix E is a pretty bad behavior,
> since it allows outlines to be covered by the background of an inline on the
> previous line.  I think what Gecko and WebKit implement is preferable to that
> behavior.

Yeah the option for outlines that is called out in 7.2.2 seems a little odd to me too as you called out in your other email.

--
Thanks,
Arron Eicholz