Re: Initial CSS Regions tests submitted

On 10/25/11 1:57 PM, "Gérard Talbot" <css21testsuite@gtalbot.org> wrote:

> Alan, here's my feedback.

Gérard,

Thank you very much for the detailed feedback. I'll revise the testcases I
have and try to keep all this in mind with future testcases.

On setting line-height in ems: I have been using pixels deliberately. For
most of these testcases the text display does not matter near as much as the
relationship between the line boxes and the region geometry. It seemed more
direct to me to establish a 20px tall region to contain a 19px line box. And
I was worried that I could run afoul of pixel rounding issues in laying out
regions if I set region height to something like 1.3em. I don't want to
introduce the possibility that the testcase (using regions) ends up X pixels
tall while the reftest (using divs) ends up X-1 pixels tall.

Thanks again,

Alan