Re: Comments on [RC6] background-position-applies-to-004, vertical-align-117, vertical-align-118

Le Ven 21 octobre 2011 14:47, "Gérard Talbot" a écrit :

> Le Mer 7 septembre 2011 18:12, "Gérard Talbot" a écrit :
>> Arron,
>>

>> [RC6]
>> http://test.csswg.org/suites/css2.1/20110323/html4/vertical-align-117.htm
>>
>> [nightly-unstable]
>> http://test.csswg.org/suites/css2.1/nightly-unstable/html4/vertical-align-117.htm
>>
>> [RC6]
>> http://test.csswg.org/suites/css2.1/20110323/html4/vertical-align-117.htm
>>
>> [nightly-unstable]
>> http://test.csswg.org/suites/css2.1/nightly-unstable/html4/vertical-align-118.htm
>>
>> When the set height of line box is the height of the font, then
>> 'vertical-align: text-bottom' and 'vertical-align: bottom' are by
>> definition (positioned) the same: the bottom of the line box is given
>> by
>> the bottommost point of glyphs (like descenders of p, q, y, j glyphs)
>> of
>> the font. Same thing with text-top and top.
>>
>> What I am trying to say here is that vertical-align values
>> text-bottom,
>> text-top, bottom and text-bottom should be tested where/when the
>> line-height is greater than the font-size. So that top half-leading
>> and
>> bottom half-leading are not 0. So that such values give different
>> rendered layout, different vertical values. So that vertical-align
>> values text-bottom, text-top, bottom and text-bottom show and
>> demonstrate differences. Otherwise, it is not a well targeted
>> testcase,
>> even for a basic testing of vertical-align values text-bottom,
>> text-top,
>> bottom and text-bottom.
>>
>> I suggest a line-height of 3em: that way, fractional pixel (for top
>> half-leading and bottom half-leading) are avoided, top is
>> predictable/predicted to be 1em further toward the top of text-top,
>> bottom is predictable/predicted to be 1em further toward the bottom of
>> text-bottom.
>
> Hello all,
>
> I will submit later (probably next week) these 2 testcases (hopefully
> along with others on vertical-align and line-height):
>
> CSS Test: 'vertical-align: text-bottom' - line-height
> http://www.gtalbot.org/BrowserBugsSection/css21testsuite/vertical-align-117a.html
> (draft for now)
>
> CSS Test: 'vertical-align: text-top' - line-height
> http://www.gtalbot.org/BrowserBugsSection/css21testsuite/vertical-align-118a.html
> (draft for now)
>

> Right now, Firefox 7.0.1, Opera 11.52, Chrome 14.0.835.202, Safari 5.1.1
> and Konqueror 4.7.2 pass these vertical-align-11[7|8]a testcases while
> IE8 and IE9 fail.

Argh... Forgot to say and wanted to add that Opera 11.52 fails
http://www.gtalbot.org/BrowserBugsSection/css21testsuite/vertical-align-117a.html

CSS 2.1 Test suite RC6, March 23rd 2011:

Contributing to to CSS 2.1 test suite: