Re: [CSS3]hanging-punctuation-*

On 03/18/2011 01:26 AM, taka oshiyama wrote:
> Attached, please find a new testcase for your review.
>
> http://test.csswg.org/source/contributors/east-tokyo/submitted/css3-text/

Hm, it seems that the Japanese font on my system has characters less
than 1em wide. Therefore the test isn't working. :/ We might need to
make the IPA fonts required to ensure that these characters are
rendered with exactly 1em advance width.

Koji has a good point: these tests should include combinations with
both left and justified alignment, because that is a key distinction
in the behavior of allow-end and force-end. Ideally there should also
be right aligned and centered combinations, so that the interpretation
of these is consistent. (It might make sense to make a separate test
for each alignment combination, otherwise the tests will get very
long.)

I think Koji's point to include a test where the character fits without
hanging and another where it doesn't fit without hanging is important.

Lastly, the references for "first" don't work correctly if the UA is
trimming the starting punctuation to half-width, which seems to be the
case on my system.