Re: [CSS3]word-break-normal-001.xht, word-break-keep-all-001.xht, word-break-break-all-001.xht

On 03/28/2011 04:05 AM, taka oshiyama wrote:
> Please find an updated testcase for your review.
> http://test.csswg.org/source/contributors/east-tokyo/submitted/css3-text/word-break-normal-001.xht
> http://test.csswg.org/source/contributors/east-tokyo/submitted/css3-text/reftest/word-break-normal-001-ref.xht
>
> Please give me comments/suggestions if any.

So, the difficulty with these tests is that different fonts
have different advance widths for the Latin characters, and
therefore will fit different numbers of characters into the
first line of the box.

If you put "Ahem" as the first in the font-family list, then
you can predict the size of the Latin characters: they will
be exactly 1em wide.

"in the square box": the boxes aren't square. :) Try copying
the style and instructions from
   http://test.csswg.org/suites/css2.1/nightly-unstable/html4/bidi-breaking-001.htm

The assert is very unspecific. What are the "usual rules"?
What *exactly* is being tested here? We are not testing the
"usual rules" across all of Unicode here.

Lastly, please make all of the controls use "white-space: pre",
just to be sure that the breaks in the controls are only (and
exactly) the ones you have forced.