text-transform-bicameral-004 probably invalid

On Sunday 2010-10-17 12:00 -0700, L. David Baron wrote:
> http://test.csswg.org/suites/css2.1/20101001/html4/text-transform-bicameral-008.htm
> http://test.csswg.org/suites/css2.1/20101001/xhtml1/text-transform-bicameral-008.xht
> seems to require that certain uppercase Greek characters are
> transformed by 'text-transform: lowercase' into two different
> characters.  It has the following uppercase Greek characters paired
> with *both* of the two following lowercase Greek characters:
>
> Σ σ ς
> Θ θ ϑ
> Φ φ ϕ
> Π π ϖ
> Κ κ ϰ
> Ρ ρ ϱ
> Ε ε ϵ
> Β β ϐ
>
> Unless there's somehow a requirement that 'text-transform:
> lowercase' canonicalize certain already-lowercase characters (ς, ϑ,
> ϕ, ϖ, ϰ, ϱ, ϵ, ϐ), then I think this test is invalid and needs a
> bunch of its character pairs removed.
>
> (This list is also just from scanning the test visually; I might
> have missed some.  I very nearly sent this email without the ϐ
> included in the list.)

I think these tests:
http://test.csswg.org/suites/css2.1/20100917/html4/text-transform-bicameral-004.htm
http://test.csswg.org/suites/css2.1/20100917/xhtml1/text-transform-bicameral-004.xht
are invalid for the same reason, because of these character triplets:

S (s) ſ
Ṡ  ṡ  ẛ

-David