Re: Fwd: Chrome HTML4 implementation report (nearly) finished

Adding public-css-testsuite.  Tab's full list of invalid tests was
here: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2010Oct/0304.html

I'm just commenting on the ones I disagree with (the first and the
first test in the third below) and have additional information on
(the second below, and the second and third tests in the third).

On Saturday 2010-10-16 00:22 -0700, Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:
> Invalid Tests
> =============
>
> font-weight-normal-001.htm
> font-weight-lighter-001.htm
> font-weight-bolder-001.htm
> These are reftests, but the tests are written in such a way that it's
> impossible to pass - some of the columns in the test contain "A"s,
> while the similar columns in the ref contain weight numbers.  (The
> contents of the cells aren't being tested, just the
> boldness/lightness.)

These tests use the CSSTest fonts in
http://www.w3.org/Style/CSS/Test/Fonts/ .  Some of those fonts have
numbers in place of "A"s, specifically for this set of tests.  So
with those fonts installed they should work.

> html4/before-after-dynamic-restyle-001.htm      invalid
> The test matches the ref, but both contain quite a bit of red.  My
> natural instinct is to mark it failing, despite the match between the
> two.  This should be changed to show no red when it passes.  (If it's
> supposed to show no red on a pass, then the ref is invalid.)

It's a reftest, and it's supposed to show red when it passes, but
that could easily be changed.

Changed in r1508.

> html4/font-size-123.htm invalid
> html4/quotes-035.htm    invalid
> html4/quotes-036.htm    invalid
> These tests have no pass condition.  I have no idea how to tell if
> they've passed or failed.

The first one says:
  Test passed if there is a green rectangle below and if there is no
  red.

The second and third are supposed to show the text "Isn't it
wonderful to see CSS quotes work!!!".  They should probably at least
have a reference.  (That said, I also think quotes-036 is invalid.)

-David