Re: why is escaped-ident-004.xht invalid?

On Thu, 27 May 2010 12:31:27 +0200, Dominique Hazael-Massieux <dom@w3.org>
wrote:
> Hmm; you're right; I guess I was reading the following sentence to mean
> that allowed characters (i.e [a-zA-Z0-9] and ISO 10646 characters U+00A1
> and higher) can also be written in the escaped form, but that's reading
> more than what the text actually says.

Yeah, the CSS is valid, it is just not supposed to match in this instance.
You can easily verify that by adding ", .abc123" to the selector and see
that it then matches in every browser. (The selector is not dropped.)

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/