Re: [Selectors] Clarify when universal selector may be omitted (was: [CSSWG] Release Candidate for CSS Namespaces Test Suite)

On 9/29/09 1:58 PM, Leif Halvard Silli wrote:
> Here is a text proposal:
>
> "If the universal selector is not the only component of a sequence of
> simple selectors and if it also is without the namespace component, then
> the universal selector may be omitted."

This sounds fine to me, though not strictly necessary.  The "universal
selector" is not '*' in Selectors but "an optional namespace component
followed by '*'".  Which means that while you can omit the whole thing,
you can't just omit the '*' and include the namespace component,
Webkit's behavior to the contrary notwithstanding.

-Boris