Re: Licensing

Rigo Wenning wrote:
> Hi Fantasai,
>
> there are lots of discussions internally to build some opinion. There
> are conflicting interests to be balanced which don't make this an
> easy issue. So I will still take some weeks before there is a
> publicly visible result. This is really a lot of work.

My personal recommendation is using the 3-clause BSD license (which forbids
using W3C's name to promote or endorse derivatives without express written
consent) together with a trademark policy that protects "CSS Conformance Test"
and similar. Our test suite build systems can automatically alter the test
titles to add or remove the trade marks for use on W3C vs. use elsewhere.