Re: border spacing issues

Anne van Kesteren wrote:

> On Sat, 27 Oct 2007 23:50:05 +0200, fantasai
> <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net> wrote:
>> This is an explicitly-listed assumption:
>>    http://www.w3.org/Style/CSS/Test/CSS2.1/current/
>
> I would recommend just adding other "assumptions" there as you come
> across them rather than changing the tests.

The test suite should be minimizing the number of assumptions.

An HTML style sheet with 'border-collapse: collapse' as the default for
for a UA aiming to be a popular web browser, but not all CSS UAs are aiming
at that and the CSS2.1 test suite should accommodate them, too.

>>> It makes sense to me that if you run the CSS testsuite you have the
>>> "Web defaults" set.
>>
>> We're not testing "Web defaults" support here, we're testing CSS2.1
>> support. See also
>> http://www.w3.org/Style/CSS/Test/testsuitedocumentation.html#testthetech
>
> That doesn't seem applicable here.

It does. The exact contents of an HTML default style sheet is not a testable
part of the CSS2.1 specification. There's an informative sample style sheet,
but it's there as an example, not as a recommendation or a requirement.