Re: Assumptions about UA default style sheets

Arron Eicholz wrote:
> Fantasai wrote:
>> It means that we will fix each test case as appropriate if/when it
>> becomes evident that it makes assumptions that conflict with a UA's
>> default style sheet. This requires the implementors to inform us
>> about such conflicts, preferably by posting here.
>>

> Could we create a token for cases that may require a default stylesheet?
> I can't think of any cases that would absolutely require a default
> stylesheet off the top of my head but at least we have a way of
> identifying those cases if we create a token.

We could, but it wouldn't be very useful. If there are rules that the
test depends on that are not in an implementor's default style sheet,
then we can simply add them to the test.

There are a few rules that it should not be necessary to add to the
tests, specifically the 'display' rules for div, p, span, em, and the
table elements. Pretty much all the tests rely on at least one of these.