RE: possible bug in t100801-c42-ibx-ht-00-d-a.xht

On Mon, 25 Sep 2006, Peter Sorotokin wrote:

> What is incorrect in this test is that it makes an assumption on where
> the border of the inline element should occur (it relies on the border
> exactly overlapping red characters in the previous line). Border
> location in the vertical direction depends on the dimensions of the
> content area of the element and the height of the inline element content
> area is explicitly left undefined in the current draft of CSS 2.1
> (section 10.6.1).

Ah, yes, indeed.

As noted in one of the other threads, the tests make several assumptions
(like this one) in order to test certain hard-to-test aspects of CSS.
Is the assumption here one that is inconsistent with your implementation?

I can look into the feasibility of marking tests that make assumptions of
this nature, if you think that would help.