From: public-css-testsuite-request@w3.org
[mailto:public-css-testsuite-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of L. David Baron
Sent: Monday, September 25, 2006 12:25 AM
To: public-css-testsuite@w3.org
Subject: Re: possible bug in t100801-c42-ibx-ht-00-d-a.xht

On Monday 2006-09-25 00:09 -0700, Peter Sorotokin wrote:
> Correct me if I am wrong, but CSS 2.1 does not define the height of
the
> line box and thus does not define the position of the horizontal
border
> of inline elements. Yet, this test

It does define the height of the line box (10.8 and 9.4.2).

It's true that the visual height of inline elements is defined in a
slightly vague way -- 10.6.1 allows something unspecified based on the
font -- but I think the Ahem font has metrics such that every reasonable
thing based on the font should lead to the same result.  Perhaps the
spec should limit the options to a set of choices.

-David