Re: CSS Print workshop in Prague

On Fri, Jan 10, 2020 at 4:08 AM Jirka Kosek <jirka@kosek.cz> wrote:

> On 9.1.2020 18:53, Dave Cramer wrote:
> > I'm happy to help however I can. It would be lovely if we had at least
> one
> > or two people from the browsers attending.
>
> Yep, but I'm little bit skeptic about interest of browsers in print.
> Do you know specific people working on print support in browsers? We can
> try to approach them directly.

There's been some recent interest. Browser vendors are aware the printing
from browsers is pretty bad, and it seems like they want to fix that. And
it seems that LayoutNG in Blink could make lots of print-related things
easier. Even regions may make a comeback.

Ian Kilpatrick from Google and Rossen Atanassov from Microsoft seem to be
leading these efforts, although I doubt they are available for the workshop.

Dave