Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-images] image-set() resolution should be applied on-top of, not instead-of the natural image resolution. (#6241)

From: Noam Rosenthal via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 26 May 2021 14:41:56 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
> If so, the `from-image` value is equivalent to `1x`, right? Should we drop `from-image`?

You mean `image-resolution: from-image`? See above. If we were to implement this, it is where CORS would kick in - as `image-resolution` would expose whether an image is EXIF-resolution-corrected and that information shouldn't leak cross origins.

I am not sure there is an actual use for `image-resolution` - I think `image-orientation` is used mainly for backwards compatibility issues, which is less of a problem with resolution.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by noamr
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/6241#issuecomment-848827944 using your GitHub account