Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-images] image-set() resolution should be applied on-top of, not instead-of the natural image resolution. (#6241)

From: Noam Rosenthal via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 26 May 2021 14:36:03 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
> OK, thanks. It should work that way both for same-origin and CORS-cross-origin, right?

Yes, origin is not playing a part in this. The rationale was we didn't want the image's CORS-ness to affect its natural size in implicit ways.

Where CORS would play a part would be if we ever implement CSS `image-resolution` in a way that would override the EXIF resolution behavior.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by noamr
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/6241#issuecomment-848823084 using your GitHub account