Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-counter-styles] The entire rule being invalid vs. not defining a counter style when name/descriptors are wrong (#5717)

From: Tab Atkins Jr. via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 13 May 2021 21:56:21 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
Saying that a construct is "invalid" always means at parse-time by default. That said, we resolved that this should instead just prevent the rule from defining a counter style, so I've removed the language saying it's invalid, and adding some more detail to the 'system' section about what the requirements are and what they mean.

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/5717#issuecomment-840858121 using your GitHub account