[csswg-drafts] [css-pseudo] highlight pseudos and custom properties (#6264)

From: Delan Azabani via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 03 May 2021 09:14:52 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
delan has just created a new issue for https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts:

== [css-pseudo] highlight pseudos and custom properties ==
https://drafts.csswg.org/css-pseudo-4/#highlight-styling

> [ISSUE 1] Are there any other properties that should be included here?

Should custom properties be allowed on highlight pseudos? What about use of cascading variables?

I suppose these features are ok, given that we’ve completely isolated [highlight inheritance](https://drafts.csswg.org/css-pseudo-4/#highlight-cascade) from originating element inheritance. As a result, defining or changing a custom property value should already be unable to “escape” and affect layout.

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/6264 using your GitHub account