Re: [csswg-drafts] Prevent layout jumps on changing overflow hidden to scroll (#6262)

From: Amir Mohamadi via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Sun, 02 May 2021 21:55:12 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
@emilio I just used "scrollbar-gutter" under the flag with chrome and it is the result:
[scrollbar-gutter test](https://s18.picofile.com/d/8432491676/8951ba49-d966-48db-be97-d174e08f5e7c/bandicam_2021_05_03_01_01_46_952.mp4)
![scrollbar-gutter test](https://s18.picofile.com/file/8432492200/bandicam_2021_05_03_01_01_46_952_gif.gif)

That is a great feature instead of those estimated paddings with js, I can say it is the solution for my problem although,
my goal is something more than this for example if I use  "scrollbar-gutter"  for slack that I said about it, it still occupies the space and it is not over the content.

The mockup about what I thought about future more flexible custom scrollbars (changing scrollbar width does not affect others):
![custom animated scrollbar](https://s19.picofile.com/file/8432495492/las.gif)

Anyway, that's my thought I somehow found the solution thanks.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by amir2mi
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/6262#issuecomment-830900009 using your GitHub account