Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-scrollbars] Add `wide` value to `scrollbar-width` (#6351)

From: CSS Meeting Bot via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2021 21:33:19 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
The CSS Working Group just discussed `scrollbar-width: wide`, and agreed to the following:

* `RESOLVED: close no change`

&lt;fantasai> topic: scrollbar-width: wide<br>
&lt;fantasai> github: https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/6351<br>
&lt;TabAtkins> fantasai: There was an issue where the commenter was unsatisfied<br>
&lt;TabAtkins> fantasai: Request was for an explicit "wide" value for scrollbar-widh<br>
&lt;TabAtkins> fantasai: argument was that people want wider scrollbars for a11y reasons<br>
&lt;TabAtkins> fantasai: florian said that's a good reason for a UA control, not an author control<br>
&lt;TabAtkins> fantasai: Commenter responded the author may know more about their audience. that's where we ended<br>
&lt;TabAtkins> fantasai: So what does the WG want?<br>
&lt;Rossen_> q?<br>
&lt;Rossen_> ack fantasai<br>
&lt;Zakim> fantasai, you wanted to queue up one other scrollbars issue which is Agenda+<br>
&lt;TabAtkins> TabAtkins: I agree with Florian's reasoning<br>
&lt;florian> https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/6351#issuecomment-877496097<br>
&lt;fantasai> TabAtkins: which fantasai just summarized<br>
&lt;fantasai> TabAtkins: The needs for wide is something that can be controlled at the UA level<br>
&lt;fantasai> TabAtkins: whereas need for narrow is depending on the content on the page, might be a small element<br>
&lt;TabAtkins> florian: Also commenter said "just because I dont' have a use-case doesn't mean there's not one somewhere", but we don't usually add features without a known use-case<br>
&lt;TabAtkins> Rossen_: objections?<br>
&lt;TabAtkins> RESOLVED: close no change<br>
</details>

--
GitHub Notification of comment by css-meeting-bot
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/6351#issuecomment-889475542 using your GitHub account