Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-contain-2]: Pause media playback in iframes hidden by content-visibility:hidden (#6468)

From: Dale Curtis via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2021 18:09:55 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
Since this is limited to a relatively new tag, I don't have any objections to this. We might even consider not loading media elements that start invisible, but pausing / preventing autoplay is sufficient to allow a significant amount of resource reclamation.

While Safari and Firefox don't (yet?) ship content-visibility, @jernoble @alastor0325 who may have thoughts.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by dalecurtis
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/6468#issuecomment-885127317 using your GitHub account