Re: [csswg-drafts] [cssom-view] Specify `document.caretRangeFromPoint`? (#6459)

From: Philip Jägenstedt via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2021 12:28:01 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
It seems like the current situation is that Chromium and WebKit have `caretRangeFromPoint` while Gecko has `caretPositionFromPoint`.

Spec'ing `caretRangeFromPoint` and `caretPositionFromPoint` one in terms of the other in a way that would be trivial for all engines to support sounds like the best path forward to me.

There is a risk that these methods are used for UA detection, but other than that I don't see other risks.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by foolip
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/6459#issuecomment-883352666 using your GitHub account