Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-scoping-1] Specificity of :host, ::slotted, and :host-context doesn't seem to be defined? (#1915)

From: Jorge del Casar via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2021 12:15:03 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
Then I will have mi components styles plenty of `!important` to ensure the consistency of my Design System.

And If I open muy styles with `::parts()` the user should use `!important` to override the values again.

I had to move all elements from light DOM to shadow DOM to ensure styles are applied without external surprises because I don't want to have my code plenty of `!important`.

I guess it was not well resolved the style management of the light DOM. Or at least the spec is not clear and all devs I ask thought that `::slotted(h1)` should win the `h1` in global styles.

I hope we can define other way in the future to improve de Developer Experience.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by jorgecasar
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/1915#issuecomment-883344572 using your GitHub account