Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-lists] [css-pseudo] need to define blockification of outside markers / interaction of display: inline list-item with list-style-position (#6440)

From: Emilio Cobos Álvarez via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2021 08:23:04 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
> Resolving at used-value time seem unnecessary complex to me. I think I would rather prefer to just force the marker to be inside if you use display: inline list-item, even if it ends up generating a block container rather than an inline box.

Yes, that is a separate option (and why I opened that issue). Do you mean forcing the marker to be inside at used value time (without checking list-style-position), or forcing the computed value of `list-style-position` to be `inside` if the display is `inline list-item`? The later might be the simplest way to implement it, but it seems a bit weird because `list-style-position` is inherited so it affects all the descendants.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by emilio
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/6440#issuecomment-879698184 using your GitHub account