Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-lists] [css-pseudo] need to define blockification of outside markers / interaction of display: inline list-item with list-style-position (#6440)

From: Oriol Brufau via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2021 21:13:39 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
Resolving at used-value time seem unnecessary complex to me. I think I would rather prefer to just force the marker to be inside if you use `display: inline list-item`, even if it ends up generating a block container rather than an inline box.

I think this is somewhat analogous to #4065: if you use `display: grid` or `flex`, the children will be blockified, even if you actually get a block container rather than a grid/flex container.

In Chromium, `::marker` currently gets a different computed style depending on whether its inside or outside, so I would prefer to know its position at computed-value time, not used-value time.

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/6440#issuecomment-878599868 using your GitHub account