Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-color-4] Meaning of "host syntax" (#6439)

From: Chris Lilley via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2021 12:19:39 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
Ah, good point and a reasonable interpretation. But primarily, other CSS syntax was meant. Color interpolation happens because of:

- gradients
- filters
- animation
- transitions
- color-mix

In general though we are trying to avoid those defaults for new constructs. For example `color-mix()` used to have an LCH default but we changed it to require an explicit color space.

The older constructs will have to have an sRGB default, sadly, for Web compat (filters has sRGB-linear as default)

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/6439#issuecomment-878232866 using your GitHub account