[csswg-drafts] [css-display] Why is display listed as not animatable instead of animation type: discrete? (#6429)

From: Lea Verou via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 07 Jul 2021 14:52:45 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
LeaVerou has just created a new issue for https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts:

== [css-display] Why is display listed as not animatable instead of animation type: discrete? ==
https://www.w3.org/TR/css-display-3/#the-display-properties

I thought we were going for discrete for all properties that can't be intelligently interpolated, and that "not animatable" was reserved primarily for animation properties and the like?

Especially about `display`, there are plenty of use cases where authors want to finish an animation with `display: none`, and this prevents them from doing so.

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/6429 using your GitHub account