Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-text] Prevent line breaking after explicit hyphens (#3434)

From: aghArdeshir via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 07 Jul 2021 07:37:20 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
Hi. I came across this thread as I need to transform this:
![image](https://user-images.githubusercontent.com/5755214/124717292-0c166180-df16-11eb-9b74-67e6955e8406.png)

To this:
![image](https://user-images.githubusercontent.com/5755214/124717577-50a1fd00-df16-11eb-9d12-b8452325ac3a.png)

And I am not willing to use any of the workarounds (like adding extra HTML wrapper/element or using non-breaking hyphen), as my texts are coming from JSON translation files, and I'm not considering them as HTML.

My first go-to thought was `word-break` property.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by aghArdeshir
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/3434#issuecomment-875365564 using your GitHub account