Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-grid] Clarify `subgrid` "equivalent" to `none` (#6165)

From: fantasai via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 02 Jul 2021 05:49:20 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
> I mean, if when there is no parent grid, subgrid doesn't define a subgridded axis (so it's standalone), then how does work?

It's specifying a subgridded axis, you just don't actually get one, is how I'm thinking about it. Open to alternate phrasing, if you have a better suggestion. You are a co-editor of this module, after all. :)

> Or just saying that subgrid computes to none may be simpler.

I'm not sure it matters much from an authoring perspective either way, but the only existing implementation doesn't do this...

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/6165#issuecomment-872734870 using your GitHub account