Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-grid] Clarify `subgrid` "equivalent" to `none` (#6165)

From: Oriol Brufau via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 02 Jul 2021 02:04:10 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
But the above doesn't seem to clarify the computed value?

I mean, if when there is no parent grid, `subgrid` doesn't define a subgridded axis (so it's standalone), then how does work?

> For a track list specifying a standalone axis, the computed track list is a list alternating between line name sets and track sections, with the first and last items being line name sets.

Which track sections, if the syntax is `subgrid <line-name-list>?`, without track sizes?

I don't know, maybe the axis should be subgridded at computed value time, but standalone at used value time?

Or just saying that `subgrid` computes to `none` may be simpler.

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/6165#issuecomment-872658561 using your GitHub account