Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-counter-styles] Change how 'pad' descriptor handles negative sign to match implementations (#5906)

From: Tab Atkins Jr. via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Sat, 30 Jan 2021 00:47:02 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
I'd rather figure out if we can change browser to match the spec, first - I doubt there's compat impact, and the current specification is written the way it is for a reason: so both positive and negative numbers end up the same length, and thus (assuming a monospace font) the same width, which is the entire point of using the pad descriptor in the first place.

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/5906#issuecomment-770123158 using your GitHub account